About Me

My photo
I'm an extremely blessed woman! I have a wonderful husband, four amazing kids, an awesome Mom and Mom-in-law, Dad-in law, fantastic brothers and sisters and brother and sister in-law, nieces and nephews,a great job and lots of fun friends.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Big Girl Bed!

Sniff, sniff...EGpapa and I took down the baby crib the other night. Kindof sad...6 years of having babies in that crib and now it's gone and there's a "big girl" bed in L's room. L is not known for liking to be confined and was launching herself out of the crib, so we decided to get her a bed before she hurt herself. I was really hoping she would stay in the crib for at least another six months or so, but oh well...my strong willed daughter had her own plan and timeline as always.


I've had several people say "why take down the crib...you'll just adopt another baby!", but my response is "No way!". Much as I've loved my babies, I don't think I want to do the baby thing again. If God decided that adoption is in the plan for us again...we would probably try for an older girl. Although, God does like to play tricks on me in my advancing age : )
I'm just so grateful to have had three wonderful babies in this crib...and they were all such great sleepers. Now, I'm grateful to hear another set of little footsteps coming into my bedroom in the morning and three very cuddly, silly kids in our bed. God is so good!

1 comment:

Our Princess said...

I'm with you, sister! :-)