About Me

My photo
I'm an extremely blessed woman! I have a wonderful husband, four amazing kids, an awesome Mom and Mom-in-law, Dad-in law, fantastic brothers and sisters and brother and sister in-law, nieces and nephews,a great job and lots of fun friends.

Monday, November 9, 2009

No News...but New Floors!

Well, our court date was today in Ethiopia, but it may be a few days before we find out whether or not we passed. If we passed, we will most likely travel at the end of December. I have to admit that I am pretty disappointed...I was really wanting to have our newest daughter home for Christmas, but I have to remember...not MY timing! I'm praying to hear about court soon and still hoping for earlier travel, but not much I can do at this point, but enjoy the holidays with my family and love on all my crazy babies here!
Last weekend was a very busy and extremely exhausting one for us. T and I decided to rip out our nasty old carpet and put down hardwood floors on our mainfloor. Yes, I am doing some SERIOUS nesting! Anyway, we recruited some amazing friends to help, but it turned out to be a much bigger job than we originally thought. After ripping up the carpet and somewhere close to a GAZILLION staples and nails, we discovered that we were going to have to replace a couple of places on our floor that had water damage before we could even begin to seal and lay the floor.




Bummer! But, at least now we have decent and non-rotting floors in our house...yay! Thank you God for our friend, Will, who is a true "artist" with woodworking and carpentry. Without his know-how and drive, we would be laying floor for months. Our friend, Paul, was also kind enough to come and help us lay the flooring. As it was, we were able to finish it by late Sunday night and it is BEAUTIFUL!
I'll post more pictures once I can polish it and get all the furniture back where it belongs. I am just thrilled with the floors, but I have to say, this is probably the sorest I have ever been! I have a whole new respect for people that do this kind of work every day.
Please continue to pray for us and for our sweet girl in Ethiopia as we wait (impatiently) and put our trust in the Lord to bring her home to us soon.






2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry you didn't hear news about court today. Is it the MOWA letter that you are waiting to know about? Our agency has had several "wait for the MOWA letter" cases over the last few days. I'd love to know what your agency is saying about this if you don't mind sending me an email. chellesnead@gmail.com

Eastiopians said...

I am praying that you passed and just waiting to hear the good news! And I am also going to pray for a miracle that you get your hands on her before Christmas!

We had to do the same thing to our living room floor (replacing underneath wood also, ugh!) and boy was it a chore! Luckly Jon did most of it with some demolition help from our neighbor. Your floor looks gorgeous! Now, you aren't going to be the kind of nester that gets all new appliances are you? Call me before you do. I'll try to talk some sense into you. haha! Can't wait to hang out with you this weekend!