About Me

My photo
I'm an extremely blessed woman! I have a wonderful husband, four amazing kids, an awesome Mom and Mom-in-law, Dad-in law, fantastic brothers and sisters and brother and sister in-law, nieces and nephews,a great job and lots of fun friends.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!!



Today, my "baby" girl turns 3! I can't believe she's already 3...even though she looks like she's closer to 5 : ) We will go out for Mexican food tonight and have a small neighborhood pizza party on Sunday.
3 things (there are so many) that I love about my feisty girl:
1) Always happy, always dancing or hopping around wherever she goes.
2) So sweet...loves to give hugs and kisses. I love it most when she grabs your face and really plants one on ya!
3)Miss Independent! This can be good and bad, but I love that I don't worry that she will have a lot of confidence. Daddy and I laugh that we will have to "warn" her dates, not worry that they will prey on her : )
I also have to add that she is sooooo excited to be a big sister. She is always telling me how she will hold "H" and hug her and she won't let anyone sleep in "H's" bed. I love it! I know they will be the best of friends!

Adoption Update: I was very relieved to hear that "H's" birthfather DID make the court appointment and was able to confirm her relinquishment. I am sooo happy to know that he probably got to go see her and was given the letter we wrote him and the photo album we made of our family. We didn't pass court because of a missing document (from the Ethiopian government), that should be in place for our December 10th appointment. So, if all goes well, we are looking at late January to bring her home. Keep those prayers coming! Thank you to all of our amazing friends and family for your support and prayers, and thank you God for giving me the peace of knowing that you are NEVER one nano-second too early or too late. YOUR timing is perfect!!!

5 comments:

demp5 said...

Happy birthday to your big girl! Stacy, you have the BEST attitude. It is a blessing to read your posts as you are riding on this roller coaster. You are an inspiration!

JonesEthiopia said...

R's birthday is today, too! Cool. :)

Thank goodness that it is a document issue and not a locating the birthfamily issue.

We're hoping to travel before our little one turns one in Feb!

Eastiopians said...

Happy birthday beautiful and full of life Liyah! What a great big sister she is going to be!

And I am SO glad that he was able to make it....what relief he must feel to know his daughter will forever be taken care of and by such a wonderful family....I bet he was happy to see the faces of her new siblings. Although his heart hurts, his mind and body now can rest knowing that his sweet daughter is going to a loving family.

Theresa

Our Mission: said...

love your heart! happy birthday to sweet little Liyah! AND what a gift to know everything should be smooth sailing on Dec 10th...why not start the party early?
mitzi

Nikki said...

She is beautiful- a happy birthday to her!

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com